A Sleepless Thank You to Denise!!!

 
What a whirlwind of a couple of days! I had an important meeting regarding topline research for one of our products and had to get back as a "Finalists" for the 2015 TekNe Awards in Minneapolis.

The magic carpet of Denise James and A WildCat Taxi.

 
Both events were directed around our SelfEco Garden Line. This garden line has a pot made from plants instead of petroleum and actually has plant food (nutrients) in the walls of the container. Theory, and being proved out, you can plant the entire pot into the ground, add water and walk away. No plastic pot into the landfill and no need for harmful fertilizers.
 
This blog is not about our product. I will get into great detail on that in early December. #KickStarter This blog is about a woman and her start up taxi company that got me to the awards dinner! I received a text from Delta at 10:00 pm stating that my 6:00 am flight tomorrow had been cancelled due to 70 mph winds and I would not be able to get home until 9:00 pm instead of the 2:00 pm scheduled arrival time.  This would make me miss the TekNe Awards dinner that we had already prepaid for a corporate table with family and co-workers. Not a good situation.
 
Rolled over semi and trailer due to 70 mph winds.

Long story short, Delta had rebooked my flight from Pullman, WA to Spokane, WA, but I had to get to Spokane (90 miles away) over night for a 6:00 am flight. Pullman is not a large city with only having 2-3 taxi companies and one Hertz dealer that closes at 7:00 pm. The other taxi companies passed on my fare due to time of night and road conditions.
 

2 hours of crappy sleep in
an airport lobby!

 
This bring us to the real hero of this story, Denise James, owner of A WildCat Taxi https://www.facebook.com/aWildcatTaxi/. She understood how much this nomination meant to me and my family and the importance for me to be there as the founder of this product.  This angel picked me up at midnight, drove throw high winds and rolled over semis. Denise drove well over two hours on a trip that normally is 70 minutes, but we made it! She honored her rate, even though it took longer and she was a complete delight to talk to. She wished me good luck and safe travels and I waved as she ventured back into the night.
 
A successful night with my love.

 I had a terrible two hours of sleep in the airport lobby, but I got to the Awards and had a great evening with my lovely wife, friends and family. We did not win, but were pretty proud to be in the same category as Ecolab, a $7 billion behemoth. Losing to Ecolab didn't hurt as bad as the airport bench I tried to sleep on the prior night.
 
A special thanks and shout out to Denise for making my day a reality. I hope, wish and pray for you and A Wildcat Taxi company giant success! http://awildcattaxi.com/



Comments

Popular Posts