A Corporate Christmas?!

It seems with today’s political correctness, everyone is becoming the same shade of gray.  Instead, we should be highlighting our colorful differences and uniqueness’s per our own DNA. I was starting to feel that we were losing our way. The news is becoming darker and happiness is becoming farther away.

Then this happened!

A Christmas symbol displayed by a major U.S. corporation.
I drove to my in-laws for dinner and passed the world renowned corporation, 3M, located on Highway 94 in the Twin Cities, MN. Now that the sun hides so early in the evening, you can only see the lights on in the building as you drive by. This is how 3M decided to leave their lights on for the holiday season. In a shape of a Christmas tree. Fantastic!

I would like to thank 3M for this act of kindness this holiday season. A simple symbol to bring us humbleness, thankfulness and gratefulness for what is in our lives. It is not to be offensive, or exclusive but reflective for a group of people. It shows that corporations can have a voice for the people instead of always listening to the voice of the people. Sometimes those voices are loud, but not always in big numbers. This can make the loud voice deceptive. It is ok to cater to the season or the event instead of dodging the people of the same shade of gray.

3M, thank you for the tree of office lights. It highlights my drive every time I pass it. I point it out to my kids and now I point it out to my network! To all this holiday season, count your blessings of friends, family, health and memories. Have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, a Happy Kwanzaa or just have a safe a blessed time with your loved ones!

Be safe and be blessed!  -Danny Mishek

Comments

Popular Posts